Special thanks to SC Johnson/Pledge® for sponsoring this post and helping my beautiful home look bright, cheery, smell great and look sparkling clean again!
It’s finally here! Spring has arrived in St. Louis. The temps are rising, the birds are singing, the baby bunnies are hopping around in my yard. But with Spring comes a whole new set of challenges. Muddy paw prints and shoe prints from the many days of rain. Dust collecting on my surfaces, since we have the windows open more. Electronics are magnets for dust! My house needs some love, attention and Spring Cleaning. I have an arsenal of wonderful cleaning products but my favorite is Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray.
Dusting doesn’t have to be a chore. It’s something that doesn’t have to take much time at all, and can be kept up with fairly easily if you just use some helpful tips. And it really all starts with something as simple as Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray, which you can find at any Walmart down the cleaning product aisle. Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray features Allergen Trappers® to reduce dust and up to 90% of the allergens found in dust.
Here are a few other tips
1. Dust in the correct direction. Dust falls, from top to bottom. When you begin dusting, start with the highest surfaces – the tops of cabinets, bookshelves, furniture, etc. If you work your way down, the dust is falling to the ground, which you can then vacuum and won’t accumulate on surfaces you have already cleaned.
2. Use Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray and Microfiber when possible. Microfiber clothes are made to attract and grab dust, are super absorbent and leave no streaks or dust behind. They grab the dust instead of just pushing it around.
3. To dust fan blades, place a pillowcase over the blade and pull in one direction to wipe away the dust and have it all trapped and stored in the pillowcase. You can also use an extension duster, which is the method I prefer. I spray a bit of Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray on the duster head to make sure I get the optimum dusting.
4. Electronics attract dust. TV’s, Game Console’s, Digital Cable Boxes, Radio’s, Laptops, Computers. It all just screams, dust come find me. It’s fairly easy to clean electronics by simply unplugging the device, spraying some Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray right onto a cloth and wiping it down. You really should never spray anything right on the surface of an electronic.
5. To get corners of your bedroom and ceilings, place a cloth over the end of a broom, spray with Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray and voila, remove the dust! It helps it stick to the cloth, so it’s easy to do.
Here’s a little sneak peek at my own spring cleaning that has been happening.
So my shelves are a little dusty.
I used my wonderful Pledge® Orange Clean Furniture Spray to get them shiny and beautiful.
This shot is during the cleaning.
You can see that beautiful shine on the right where I’ve wiped already!
All done. Look at that shine! I wish you could smell it too! It’s so pleasant and fresh smelling. We love it!
Do you have any great dusting tips? Please leave them in the comments below!